Part of the Breath and Embodiment Workshop Series
Lost your sense of connection with those around you? Want better boundaries?
Join our workshop to improve how you relate to others.
Relationships and a sense of connection are a fundamental part of being human.
Some relationships energise us, others drain us or make us feel like we are unable to hold the boundaries that are important to us. If this feels like you, this workshop is designed to help you explore those habits and patterns that influence your sense of ease in connecting to others.
This is a chance to look at how you relate to others, whatever the specific relationship, be that at work or at home, in your social or in your work life. There are different dynamics within relationships and at different times we may be the leader or the follower; we may be giving more or receiving more, and there will also be times when it is important for us to set and maintain good boundaries.
We will explore all of these to find out our habitual patterns around these different relationship roles, to discover what makes it hard or easy to embody each aspect, and to know when and how to switch between roles when appropriate.
- Explore your habitual patterns within your different relationships
- Learn to manage your state through a simple breathing technique that will help you when relations feel stressful
- Recognise the role of mirror neurons and our own state in influencing the responses of others
- Explore the dynamics of one particular relationship, and learn how to make a shift that improves the sense of connection and harmony between you
- Discover how you are when in a leader or follower role, and how you can create a greater degree of equality within these roles
- Find a stronger sense of balance in the ways that you give to and receive from others
- Gain a deeper awareness of why your boundary-setting does not always work, and learn to embody strong and flexible boundaries that work for you
About Your Workshop Leaders
Allison Lindsay. I am a business psychologist by background with a long history of working in the corporate world. Now I work as a coach and breathworker, with a particular focus on wellbeing, overcoming self-sabotage, and resilience-building using the bodymind connection.
I run workshops and support clients on a one-to-one basis with issues including stress management, self-sabotage, anxiety, grief, finding their purpose in life, building confidence. I am particularly interested in utilising the body-mind connection to help my clients gain increased awareness of self-limiting patterns and discover new ways to be, that are more satisfying, productive and meaningful.
I am a published author (on the topic of work-life balance) and co-host of The Embodiment Podcast.
Hanna Suvanto. I help people to connect with their creativity through movement, even under stress. If you are feeling stuck, moving differently can shift how you think and bring new perspectives.
I am a Movement Psychotherapist with a background in Educational Psychology and health care. I run workshops that combine movement and creative methods that can help you gain self awareness and increase your creative possibilities.